Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Martha Stewart punches



Good morning. Hope everyone is having a great week so far.

I have been struggling for about 2 years now on how to store my punches. Although I have watched several videos on youtube and read blogs, nothing seemed to convince me. Until I watched Laura's room tour and immediately knew that is how I wanted to store mine. Laura's channel on youtube is therobnlaura. If you watch her room tour you will see how she stores hers. I private messaged her and asked the dimensions of her frame. She was so sweet and immediately messaged me the measurements. I also had my husband watch the video several times.

Off we went to home depot looking for the metal ceiling tiles. They only had them on special order and of course on back order. I also wanted a wide frame. My husband brought from his job the frame and I was able to score on the metal tiles at Michaels, 50 cents each. Then we were on the hunt for the curtain rods. After 2 strikes at 2 different home depots my husband was able to find them at the one near his job.

One coat of spray paint by my husband is all it took but lots and lots of sanding by me. Here is what we were able to come up with.

This is the before the rods were added and punches. The tiles were a chocolate dark brown color, but after painting them and then sanding them down, this is what they look like now.


Here is the finished frame up in my room.


Hope you all like it. Thank you for stopping by and Happy Crafting.

Our weather is very weird lately here in Florida. Woke up this morning to 46 degrees. Just Sunday we had 89 degrees and today it is cold. Wish it would stay at 60 or 65 at all times, but we can't change mother nature.


4 comments:

Jill

Oh Ana! It's beautiful. You did a great job!

Createology

This is brilliant and beautiful. What a great way to display punches and be able to access them at any time. You and your husband did a wonderful job on the frame and painting and sanding. Tres Chic my dear...

Ivy and Elephants

Ana, it was so worth the effort! This looks so good! And it's really handy. I could see this used so many way. Fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing. Happy Easter!
Hugs,
Patti

Be Colorful Coastal

This turned out wonderfully. So pretty that all your punches match. :D Anyway, just stopping back by to let you know I featured your post tonight on BeColorful.
p

Post a Comment