Friday, March 18, 2011

MIA

I can't believe I have not posted in my blog for so long. I have definitely been MIA. I have not done any scrapbooking in about 3 weeks. I have finally gotten my MOJO back. WOO HOO. I am excited. I am not working on a layout, I am working on a mini album. Well not so mini. I really don't do mini's. I have probably done 3 in the years I have been scrapbooking. I just can't find the way to do one so small. Anyhow, the project I am working will be a surprise to you all. I can't wait to finish it, but it will not be soon. I am really taking my time with it, because I want it to be a wow thing.

I will hopefully post my mini sometime next week.

I also wanted to share that I donated PLATELETS again today. This is my 6th time this year. I did experience something that had never happened to me before. Right when they started the process my vein began to swell a little. The girls at the place thought they were going to have to stop the machine, but I told them that I would hold on until atleast their would be enough Platelets for one child. Thank GOD I was able to finish the whole process. The last 2 and a half minutes were bad because it was hurting and stinging alot, but I knew these kids needed them and I was proud of myself to hold on. This means that 3 children will have alittle more time to live. I also have a huge bruise from the vein swelling. But I will be OK and ready to go into the blood bank in two weeks again.

I hope that those that read this can find the Heart and Courage to also donate. Whether you donate Blood, Platelets or Plasma, know that this is saving lives. A little sacrifice won't hurt anyone. Think of the parents of these sick children and how happy they will be knowing that someone saved their child and will be able to take them home and have them longer with them. This is what really keeps me going back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment