Monday, August 15, 2011

New and improved



Hello blogger friends.

I wanted to post some pictures of my new and improved work area. My hubby (greatest man on earth), built me this table top about 3 months ago. I wanted the desk to be counter height  because I like to scrap standing. But he was hesitant. He kept telling me that he did not want me to regret it later. Well, NO REGRETS. I love it. He built the front part so that I can now store my red cricut, my sewing machine (which had been in hiding), my punches and some other goodies that had also been hidden. The back section is the target bin holder and then he built the top section for more goodies. Those bins under the desk are things I rarely use or only use during the holidays. They hold halloween, christmas etc.

well here it is:

 Here is my workstation. I rarely sit, but if I choose to I have these stools that are super comfortable.
 This is the other side. If anyone comes over they can stand or sit on this side and create. I have on this side my mini albums, (finally started one and now have finished 3 in 4 days), displaying them.
 Here is a close up of my workspace. Yes, it usually is cleaned up. I am very organized even when I am scrapping. Even though now that I am standing I am taking more things out and not putting them away until I am done with the project.
 Here is the other side without the minis.
 This is the front part my hubby built. It is now holding my red cricut, sewing machine, punches in the 4 baskets, magazines and an art bin holding my embellishments for when I attend crops. The green crates on the side hold some of my 12 x 12 cardstock (easy access when I am creating) and the bottom one holds my 8 1/2 by 11 cardstock.
 This is the other side under the table. I don't use the goodies in these bins all the time, but if I need them I have easy access to them.

So this is my latest addition to my room. I love the counter height table. I love it so much I have been staying up at nights scrapping away. I find it is alot more comfortable for me. I do not have to stand up and sit down everytime I need something.

11 comments:

Mercy's Pages

love that compartment on the front where you have the sewing machine and the cricut. that is a great idea. TFS, Mercy

Ivy and Elephants

What a keeper is he, that hubby of yours! A custom desk built to your exact needs. I love it.No wonder you were able to turn out so many albums, everything is stored neatly at your finger tips. Enjoy!
Hugs,
Patti

Blessed Serendipity

Looks great and so organized. It must be a joy to work at your space.

Danielle

Unknown

Looks Great!! I love it and I am sure you do too!!

Uniquely Ella

So happy for you Ms. Ana, I love it. I think it makes your table area look bigger and more open. Your hubby did an amazing job, he's a keeper. The compartments look beautiful with your goodies in them. So glad you like this better, enjoy!
xxx
Marlene

lanejoy1

Very nice. You do have a great hubby for doing this.

callyannc

I'm jealous. Wow I would kill for a scrap room like that. I have 3 projects going and it looks like a tornado hit cuz I never have anyroom or space. Have fun. Cannot wait to see more! Thanks CallyAnn(new follower)
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

Stephanie

Your room looks so beautiful Ana. I love all the pinks and greens. Your husband did a great job building those cabinets for you. Enjoy your lovely room!!

Touch of Tewshay

great space to create in! Love the way you store seasonal items....someday soon I will be organizing for the seasonal stuff so when it's time to use them I will at least have an idea where they are (lol)...
Your hubby did a great job on your desk...
TFS

Sharon

Love it! Wish my hubby could make furniture like that! If I want anything I have to buy it and he puts it in the right place.... if it needs to be put together he does it, so I shouldn't complain LOL
One day i WILL redo my room...I just have to convince myself I won't miss my supplies when put away for the whole mess LOL

Maria Elena

What a great place you have to work at !!! I wanna live close to you girl !!! LOL
It is a real paradise !
~Maria Elena~
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment