Friday, April 1, 2011

Another donation

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I have donated Platelets again this morning. I have been sick most of the day and still am, but I survived without a bruise. I wanted to BLOG about it to encourage others that if you are healthy and want to do something good, go to your nearest blood bank and donate. It doesn't matter what you donate (Blood, Platelets or Plasma) just do it.

I know many people out their including my family think I am nuts to do it so often (every 2 weeks), but when you read what I have read today you will sit in that chair and sacrifice 2 hours of your time.
Especially knowing that it is saving a life.

I read a mothers request for Platelets. Her daughter is only 9 months old and she has cancer. She needs platelets because her count is extremely low. NOW, how could I live with myself knowing that I have 2 times the amount your body needs and I could give them to her or any other child living with this horrible illness.

I hope you all can find it in your hearts to go and donate. Have your husbands, family members or friends go and just do it.

1 comments:

Dayami

Thats terrible about the baby :( but God has a plan for everything.
Keep on donating, youre doing a great thing!
Hugs :)

Post a Comment